A person that is able to design, estimate and manage the electrical portion of a commercial, institutional or retail construction project. This person has to have a postive attitude and be a team player. Position requires the ability to work on both Design-Build and Design-Bid-Build projects.
Duties of postion
- Review of existing conditions and evaluate for possible electrical solutions
- Attend meetings with clients or pre-bid conferences
- Communicate and coordinate with project estimators and designers to perform electrical design functions.
- Create a set of electrical bidding documents using AutoCAD software system for presentation and bidding purposes. Duties include:
- Sizing electrical service/transformer requirements
- Evaluating load requirements of existing and new equipment for the project
- Designing site and building lighting and power device layouts
- Designing special systems (fire alarm, generator, door locking, etc.
- Utilizing bidding documents that you create, contact multiple electrical suppliers and subcontractors to solicit bids for inclusion in your electrical project estimate
- Assemble and present an electrical estimate for labor, material, equipment and subcontractors with itemized breakdown of electrical project components on a "Word" document that can be forwarded to the project estimator for inclusion in the project proposal
- Once a project is secured:
- Task code work items and forward information to project estimator for inclusion in the project estimate
- Write all electrical material and subcontractor purchase orders
- Disseminate electrical work information to field employees along with project labor hour goals
- Create an electrical project schedule
- Review and manage electrical progress and report to project manager
- Evaluate job costs versus actual costs and make adjustments as required
- Review and approve electrical invoices using Timberline software system